Choosing the right version of Photoshop is important for beginners. There are three editions: Photoshop CS, Photoshop Elements, and Photoshop CS6. _Photoshop CS_ is the full version of the program. _Photoshop Elements_ is a step-up version of Photoshop. It’s much cheaper than Photoshop CS and is the only version available for free.
Photoshop CS6 has great new tools that make editing photos so much easier and more intuitive. The Photoshop user interface (UI) makes the program a joy to use for anyone with the slightest amount of experience.
To help you work comfortably with Photoshop, this book includes many examples and exercises that demonstrate important Photoshop skills and techniques, including using layers, layers groups, and applying filters to photos. The author also shows you how to customize Photoshop’s interface, perform basic adjustments, edit text, add special effects and filters, crop images, work with color, and finally, work with Photoshop’s full editing power.
Recent versions of Photoshop aren’t compatible with previous versions of Photoshop — you have to upgrade to the latest version if you’re going to use that feature, so make sure to get the latest version.
This book is organized so you can easily find the information you need to work efficiently. I’ve included quick-reference tables at the end of each chapter to help you quickly look up information on a topic. You may also need to refer to your own work for best practices.
* * *
# Picking the perfect word processing program
Like most other programs, Photoshop CS6 offers a number of word processing features. You can add, manipulate, and style text, just like in your word processing program of choice, like Word or Microsoft Word.
Most people find that Word and Photoshop CS6 work just as well together as they do individually. You can open a Photoshop document in Word and then edit the text in Word, and vice versa.
When you finish working in Photoshop, you can save your work in the Photoshop file format, which you can then share with Word, other compatible programs, or transfer to your web server.
Photoshop CS6 is a versatile program. It can be used to create documents, images, websites, and logos. You can even create 3D objects. You can use it to save your images in many formats, including TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and PSD.
And although Photoshop CS6 offers a number of features for working with color, most
Learn how to edit images, create vectors and edit vector images in Photoshop and know about Adobe Photoshop elements.
What is Photoshop?
Photoshop is an all-in-one image editing software from Adobe. It works on both Mac and PC. It is a graphic designing tool to edit, create, and edit images. There are many other graphic designing tools like InDesign, Illustrator, and so on. Photoshop is the best among them because it has a wide range of features such as photo and image editing, vector graphics and so on.
Photoshop is an all-in-one image editing software. It’s best suited for editing photographs.
It is the world’s most popular software for photo editing. It is one of the most used image editing software out there. You can edit photos, make graphics, make GIFs, videos and much more. It is available on PC and Mac operating system. It works best on macOS. It is available in both Windows and Mac variants.
Photoshop supports Windows, macOS and Android.
How to download and install Photoshop on Android?
In this article, I’ll tell you the steps to download, install and edit a file with Photoshop on your smartphone or tablet.
You can take a look at the manual installation process here or follow the steps below.
How to install Photoshop on Android
Download Photoshop Elements
Make sure that you have an adequate amount of space on your phone or tablet.
Open the Google Play Store
Look for “Photoshop Elements” in the search box.
If you do not find Photoshop Elements in the search box, download it from the official website.
How to install Photoshop on iOS?
Download the PSD file from the official website.
Open the downloaded file and double-click it. It will open a new app window.
If you do not see the app, tap the red button in the upper right corner of the app window.
If you don’t know what to do after opening the download, keep reading.
How to install Photoshop on Windows 10?
If you are using Windows 10, go to ‘Windows Store’ and search for Photoshop Elements.
Once you have found Photoshop Elements, tap on it to open the app.
Click the ‘Install’ button in the top right corner of the app.
# Chapter 19: Adding Dimension to Your Images
Photoshop gives you a variety of ways to add dimension to your images. The main idea is to create three-dimensional (3-D) effects to help your subject stand out and look more interesting. Here are some of the most common techniques that can be applied to 2-D images:
* Creating 3-D perspectives
* Re-creating a 3-D effect by creating a camera-like perspective
* Converting images into 3-D effects
* Adding a third dimension to an image by creating an emboss
* Adding a third dimension to an image by creating a giclée
# Creating 3-D Perspectives
The first technique for adding dimension to your images involves converting two-dimensional (2-D) objects into a three-dimensional (3-D) effect. This includes creating views from different angles, such as top, bottom, side, and 3-D perspectives.
In this process, 3-D effects are created in the layers of the image. Photoshop has a feature that allows you to create a variety of 2-D and 3-D effects. Using this feature will dramatically change your images. Some common techniques include:
1. **Opening an image file:** To open an image in Photoshop, click the image file on the **File** menu and select **Open**. This opens the image in Photoshop.
2. **Adding a new layer:** A new layer is a special layer that’s separate from the layers in the image. An image has many layers: a background layer, a layer of the actual image, a layer containing the picture’s colors, and so on. After you add a new layer, you can work with the layer independently of the rest of the image. You can draw on the image, change its colors, or remove parts of it with the various tools available in Photoshop.
3. **The Layers panel:** The Layers panel (Figure 2-3) shows all the layers in the current image. To add a new layer, click the button next to the name of the layer (the background layer, for example). To delete a layer, click it and press the X key on the keyboard or press CTRL+D.
There’s also a small menu just to the right of the Layers panel. If you want to duplicate a layer (for example, add a copy of the existing layer), use the Layer menu at the top left of the panel, and choose the **Duplicate Layer** command. To move a layer, click it and drag it to another area of the image, or press ALT+← or ALT+→ (Arrow keys) to move it to the left or right.
4. **Using the Eraser tool:** Choose Tools→Layers and then click the Eraser tool. The Eraser tool erases the pixels on a specific layer. You can also click the **Eraser** menu on the toolbox and choose **Erase** to erase the image. You can use the Eraser to remove smudges or to fix minor damage such as moving dots from one area of an image to another.
5. **Applying an effect:** To apply an effect to a layer, click the Effect menu, and choose the effect you want. Photoshop automatically applies the effect to the layer. You can also click the **E** button on the toolbox and select a different effect from the Effects panel to apply to the layer.
6. **Finding help:** Photoshop features two features that are designed
Category: DX12 Features Required:
Catalyst 12.9 Driver  (only recommended for Windows 7+)
Catalyst 13.2 Driver  (only recommended for Windows 10)
DXGI 1.2 feature levels are required: DXGI 1.2 API Levels 9 and 10 support DX12 feature levels 1, 3, and 7. It is not recommended to use this feature on a previous DXGI 1.1 API level or on a DX11 feature level.
PowerPlay feature levels: